Messages from the CREMS President about COVID-19

Dear Members and friends,

You may have seen the recent advice from the ACT government about the easing of restrictions in relation to cultural activities, including orchestras and bands. Click on this link to read:

This ACT Government advice may not necessarily signal that we will resume our activities in the short term. The CREMS Committee has seen the advice and will be discussing it at our next meeting on Sunday 7 June. There are many issues to work through, including the best health and science data, insurance coverage, venue access/rules and how we could operate musically.

If you have any particular points that you would like to include in our discussions please email me at We will be in touch after the meeting with further updates.

Best wishes


Kate Jorgenson, 30 May 2020

Previous Messages

Dear Members and friends,

I am writing to let you know that, because of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, the CREMS Committee has decided to cancel all CREMS meetings and events until end June 2020 (i.e. end of semester 1). This includes the May 16-17 Bundanoon Recorder Workshop and monthly orchestra and ensemble rehearsals. We sincerely hope that by July things will have improved, and we can resume playing together. However we do not know how it will really unfold and we will be continuing to monitor the situation on a monthly basis.

If you have registered and paid for the Bundanoon workshop a refund will be made to you shortly via Trybooking. If you have any queries please contact me at this address (

The Committee will be continuing to meet (online) over the next few months and as we have further information we will communicate to you through this email group and on our webpage (

Wishing you happy music making and continued good health.

Best wishes


Kate Jorgenson, 19 March 2020

Dear Members and friends,

The CREMS Committee has been considering the impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus issue over the last several days. Taking into account the advice of health authorities, and what we believe is a need to act cautiously to protect our valued members/families/friends, we have decided to postpone the Blow-in planned for 29 March as a first step.

We will continue to monitor the situation and be in touch with you all in early April about further action. Given the projected spread of the virus it is likely that other events/rehearsals may also be cancelled, including the Bundanoon workshop. We will provide further advice on this.

Those members who have already paid their orchestra fees for this semester, I would appreciate it if you would delay seeking a refund at this point, and perhaps consider rolling them over until next semester, if possible. Those who have not paid yet, please do not, until we are clearer about our program. Similarly, those who have registered and paid for Bundanoon please sit tight until we send further advice about this event. Again, if you have not registered, please do not at this stage. Please be assured that refunds will be provided for all cancelled events/fees, once the situation is clearer.

If you have any queries about any of the above please email me at

This is undoubtedly a stressful time in our community, and we need to look after each other as best we can. How wonderful therefore that we have the means to play and study music at home! If you want a burst of joy about how music is helping at this time - have a look at the videos online of Italians who are isolated in their apartments but are singing and playing from their balconies to their neighbours. What a heartening response.

I wish you continued good health and happy music making, and we will be in touch again soon.


Kate Jorgenson, 15 March 2020